1. Vehicle Condition and Return
Scooter Hire supplies the vehicle to you in good operating condition with the odometer seal unbroken. You agree to return the vehicle in the same condition except for ordinary wear and tear, (BUT DOES NOT INCLUDE ANY DAMAGE) to the location, on the date specified (or sooner if the Scooter Hire demands).
Scooter Hire reserves the right to take possession of the vehicle without notice at your expense should any of the following occur:
The vehicle is illegally parked
The vehicle is used in violation of the law and/or of this agreement
The vehicle is apparently abandoned
Should the odometer seal be broken, the person responsible shall be reported to
appropriate authority and shall be liable for extra charges based on 400 Kilometers
per day or part thereof at 0.60 cents per kilometer.
You shall notify the Scooter Hire and obtain its authorization for extension of hiring period beyond the Due in Date and Time specified. Such notification must be done PRIOR TO THE DUE IN DATE AND TIME, otherwise the Company shall
Immediately report the vehicle as stolen.
3. Unauthorized and Prohibited Use
• Persons prohibited from driving the vehicle are as follows:
• Persons other than those identified and/or other persons Scooter Hire approved in writing
• Persons not licensed for the class of the vehicle
• Persons with a blood alcohol exceeding the lawful limit.
• Persons who use false identity and person who provides his or her identity to be used as false identity by other person.
• Persons with a Drivers License that has been cancelled endorsed or suspended within the last three years.
The vehicle must NOT be used:
• Outside the Area of Use specified. (Sydney)
• On unsealed or off road conditions under any circumstances unless the Scooter Hire authorizes in writing. Should the Company give such authorization; all kilometers travelled during the entire hire period will be charge at $3.00 (three dollars) per kilometer in addition to any damages and cleaning fees.
• To carry paying passenger or to carry any inflammable, corrosive or explosives material.
• To propel or Tow other vehicle, trailer, boat or any other object unless authorized by the company in writing.
• To carry more people and/or greater load of goods than permitted by the law.
• To carry water skis, surfboards, bicycles, canoes or the like of on the vehicle.
• In a manner and/or for the purposes other than for which the vehicle was designed and constructed.
• For racing, reliability and/or speed trials, pace making, hill climbing or tested in preparation of such purposes.
• In a dangerous manner.
• For any illegal purposes including contravening any legislation or regulation that controls vehicular traffic.
• Not allowed for food delivery services or any commercial use unless pre authorized. If we (Scooter Hire) find out, you (The Hirer) will incur a $500 penalty fee charged to your credit card.
3.1 Insurance is your responsibility
You may purchase your own insurance prior to any hire via your own means. All insurance and claims are your own responsibility. Ride at your own risk.
3.2 Tolls and Fines
• LinkT Toll Pass : ALL SCOOTERS HIRED MAY SET UP A LINKT ROAD TOLL PASS $1.50 Set up fee!
• A $22.50 surcharge will incur for each toll and fine you accumulate during the hire period if not settled at return of scooter.
4. Financial Obligations
Joint hirers and ALL drivers are jointly and severally responsible under this agreement. By entering into this agreement you authorize Scooter Hire to debit your credit card (and the credit card authorized shall be used to pay on demand any balance owing) with the following charges.
• All rental charges, including penalty fees.
• All charges claimed to Scooter Hire due to parking, road tolls or any other traffic infringements incurred during the period of hire or until such later time when the vehicle is returned to Scooter Hire.
• All loss of or damage to the vehicle ( including loss of use), Third party damages, legal expenses, assessment fees, towing and recovery, storage and Scooter Hire service charges where:
4.1. Any condition of this agreement and in particular condition 3 has been breached.
4.2. Any special condition has been breached.
4.3. The vehicle is involved in a single vehicle accident, unless Scooter Hire waives such loss to a single vehicle liability amount of $1000-$3000 subject to terms and conditions.
4.4. You have left the vehicle unlocked or you leave the keys in the vehicle.
4.5. You have not kept the key securely under your personal control.
4.6. The under body of the vehicle is damaged regardless of the cause when no other vehicle is involved.
4.7. The tires of the vehicle are damaged other than normal wear.
4.8. The vehicle is totally or partly immersed in water regardless of cause.
4.9. The interior of the vehicle is damaged regardless of cause when there is no other vehicle involved.
4.10. The vehicle is damaged due to being driven under or into an object lower than the height of the vehicle.
4.11. You fail to maintain all fluid and fuel levels or fail to immediately rectify or report to Scooter Hire any defect you found.
4.12. The vehicle is damaged due to loading and unloading other than normal wear.
4.13. You fail to properly secure any load or equipment, which leads to loss of the load or equipment.
If you direct Scooter Hire to bill charges to any other payment method, person, corporation, firm or organization who/which fails to make payment when it is due, you shall pay on demand the full amount due to Scooter Hire.
5. Theft and/or Damage Cover
If you act within the terms and conditions of this agreement Scooter Hire will grant cover (including legal costs incurred with the Scooter Hire's consent) for your benefit in respect of loss or damages to the vehicle hired only.
This cover is subject to the following conditions:
Your payment of the excess of up to, $3000 in the case of damages, or $3000 in the case of theft or non returned scooter. You’re not having acted or caused any other person to act in any manner which contravenes this agreement, including special conditions or any applicable law or statue.
You don’t have coverage in whole or in part for the incurred loss or damage through any other insurance policy.
You providing all such information and assistance as may be requested and, if necessary authorize Scooter Hire, or its insurance agent, to bring, defend, or settle legal proceedings where the Scooter Hire shall have sole conduct of the proceedings.
5.1 Important information on Insurance if covered by insurer.
Basic excess $1000-$3000 subject to the terms and conditions
If a rider under 25 years of age was riding the scooter at the time of an accident and no under 25 riders are listed on the policy, an age excess of $1,600 applies in addition to the basic excess applies .
Inexperienced Rider Excess
For riders 25 years of age or over with less than 2 years' driving / riding experience, an inexperienced rider excess of $400 applies in addition to the basic excess applies if they were riding the scooter at the time of an accident.
6. General Provisions
You shall promptly report any incident involving loss or damage to the vehicle or loss involving the vehicle while hired under this agreement to Scooter Hire and shall deliver to Scooter Hire immediately, every summons, complaint or paper in relation to such loss. Compliance with this sub paragraph does not excuse you from reporting all incidents to police or other relevant authorities.
You shall release and indemnify Scooter Hire and its agents and employees from all claims of loss or damage to your personal property and any other person's property left on the vehicle at any time before, during or after the rental period regardless of the cause.
Except as provided by law, No driver or passenger on the vehicle shall be deemed to be the agent, servant or employee in any manner for any purpose whatsoever.
Scooter Hire gives no express or implied warranty as to any matter whatsoever including but not limited to the condition of the vehicle and equipment, its merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose. No rights of Scooter Hire in this agreement may be waived except in writing by an officer of Scooter Hire.
• Words used in this agreement to denote any gender shall include all genders, singular words include the plural.
The vehicle must be returned with amount of fuel equal to that at the time of commencement of the rental. If the vehicle is returned with less fuel, the difference shall be charged at a rate, which may include a service component unless prior arrangement has been made and noted upon commencement of the hire.
8. GSM Tracking
The hirer agrees to tracking in the event of a lost or stolen scooter.
9. Credit Card Authorization
Only in the event of outstanding fees due to tolls, fines or unexpected circumstances, the card holder gives permission to Scooter Hire to automatically debt any fees outstanding from the credit card recorded on file for the purpose of the scooter rental related fees.
9.1 Helmet Return
The Hirer shall return the helmet for hire in reasonable condition as commencement of hire or a fee of $130.00 shall apply to the total bill of sale.
9.2 Credit cards only accepts no cash no debit cards
9.3 Failure to meet the terms and condition the hirer forits the right to a refund, deposit refund and could be charged for outstanding charges via the credit card on file.
You the hirer a agreeing to ride at your own risk! Comply with and be bound by the following above terms and conditions, if you disagree with any part of these terms and conditions, please do not use our website and do not conduct any business with scooter hire. If you do agree please sign anywhere on this form or continue to use our website.